Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69507 by LotharQ
Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:00 pm
Hello All,

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but is there a specific text search & change function in Datacad? I have quite a few drawings that one of the builders that I deal with uses repeatedly and I get tired of having to scour the drawings for 2009 or 2006 to change to the current code cycle.

Thank you
#69508 by Roger D
Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 am
There is a macro "Scrive" that has that function in it.
Also, you can do a Change/Text/Contents and Mask/Text/Text Mask for say 2006, I think you would have to type 2009 each time it finds 2006.
#69510 by Roger D
Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:20 am
I don't think Scrive will pick it up, but the text mask will work if you select PText at the 3rd page of items.
#69511 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:52 am
From the 'left-hand' Edit menu:

Change --> Text --> Contents --> Mask --> Entity --> Text --> Text Mask
or
Change --> Text --> Contents --> Mask --> Entity --> PText --> Text Mask
or
Change --> Text --> Contents --> Mask --> Entity --> MText --> Text Mask
#69512 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:46 am
The Subtext macro works well also for substitution of plain text, and converting to all caps. Doesn't work on MText/PText.
#69513 by LotharQ
Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:16 pm
Thank you Mark,

I have never actual used mask before in all of the time that I have used Datacad, mainly because I understand it. For those of you who use the mask command quite often in what ways do you use it?
#69514 by dmartens
Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:33 am
Does this not work in DC15? I have all the steps but when I try to select the text it can't find it. This would be a big help if it works in DC15. Thank again for the help.

Dan
#69515 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:57 am
LotharQ wrote:Thank you Mark,

I have never actual used mask before in all of the time that I have used Datacad, mainly because I understand it. For those of you who use the mask command quite often in what ways do you use it?

It adds the ability to select all dashed lines or all red lines or all text or all red dashed lines - to do any editing. Think of it as another filter like layer search, that selects things by any property you designate.
#69516 by Roger D
Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:12 pm
It should work in v15, I can check later when at another CPU. Is layer search on?

Uses: Esp when getting files from other sources, to quickly mask by color to change to my office standard colors, and select only polylines to change the fill color.
#69519 by dmartens
Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:09 pm
Layer search is on. was able to Ctrl-r and select text for editing but when I go thru the mask options and enter the text I am looking for then try to select the text it says no object found. this would have been a nice one. maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Thanks again.

Dan
#69555 by melina
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 am
My response may be late, but if you have the dhText macro, the search & replace function still works. Of course, not for Ptext or Mtext though. :(