Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69576 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:12 pm
I have some questions and a concern about the Entities / Attributes to Print: section of the Misc tab in the newly revised Program Preferences dialog:

New Preferences-01.png
New Preferences-01.png (38.61 KiB) Viewed 3830 times

What is the difference between Always and As Displayed? When would we not print any of these categories of entities? Up until now, we would just have a layer(s) that were turned off for plotting. What advantages would this have?

My concern is that people will toggle these to Never, and then later, wonder why something isn't printing.
#69577 by Roger D
Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:23 pm
With my smart walls, I now have it set so the hatch/fills are not turned on, but have set (previously in the .ini file) that they would always print.
So "As Displayed" they would be like on the screen, not hatch/fills show, but "Always" they will always print.
Not sure if I would change any of the others.
#69579 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:12 pm
The one that I have set as Never is Line Weights as we don't use them at all. I can see where most of the rest could be Always or As Displayed based on users prefs. Probably just as easy to build it all the same on Dave's end I'd guess. Many things that can get a use into trouble through out the Program Prefs if set incorrectly so a user should have some idea of what they are doing if they are going to change any of the settings.