What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#69586 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:48 am
This is a wish for a error trap prompt that may be related to GTV Link in XRef's. Sometimes, an XRef is included in a GTV, and NO LAYERS are turned on in the XRef. This is caused (indirectly) by toggling on GTV Link in another GTV in the file, and for whatever reason, no layers are left on in the XRef in a different GTV.

Here's the specifics: we have a file with the building column grid, that we are XRef'ing into several files. In one of the files, we need to show the column grid at different scales, so there are two different sized column bubbles. I change the names of some of the layers and I set up GTV's in the column grid file, so they can be accessed easily in the plan files.

So, the column grid showed up on all the floor plans in two different files, but on the roof plan (which was set up before the changes in the column grid file) did not show the grid; even though the layer with the XRef is on. I was mystified, and it took a while to figure out what was happening. I checked Z heights, etc.

So, IF POSSIBLE when we toggle into a GTV that has an XRef included, it would be great to get a prompt that says that there is an XRef WITH NO LAYERS TOGGLED ON, and lets you open the RFM with that XRef highlighted.
#69644 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:47 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Would it be possible to have the dashed lines that show in Free Trim after we have selected them - show their colors? When they are all gray, it is harder to know which segments you need to remove.
Si!
#69699 by Roger D
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:41 pm
Wish when importing MSP sheets from another drawing, that the MSP Sheet Name shows up in the new file. Currently the sheet contents are cleared and the new sheet replaces it, but one has to find the sheet and manually rename it.
Maybe instead of writting over current MSP sheets, they should be added after the last layed out MSP sheet.

Also, when one Moves an MSP sheet, seems like the name should also move to the new sheet.
#69723 by Roger D
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:15 am
Add to Xref Manager an Update GTV similar to Layer Manager
#70030 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:We have a perennial issue with first extension not showing up, because we Alt-I on a nearby dim, that is part of a stringline - and this turns off the first one. I would ask if this is one setting that is NOT included in Alt-I?

Have you thought about setting the dcadwin.ini value
Code: Select all[General]
Suppress Witness Line 1=FALSE
so that both dimension lines are always drawn by default? Takes care of you Alt+I issue when all dims have all their lines. We just then manually turn off lines if we need it once in a while.
#70036 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:19 pm
Hi Josh,

I knew that there probably was a way to do this. Maybe this toggle can be added to the recently revised Program Preferences?

I wonder why the "inner" extension lines need to be suppressed, anyway; since they are part of a stringline, you would never see the duplication.
#70037 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:25 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:... I wonder why the "inner" extension lines need to be suppressed, anyway; since they are part of a stringline, you would never see the duplication.

I did this originally back in the days of pen plotters to eliminate the double-stroke of the common witness lines.

Dave
#70876 by Dave
Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 pm
Dave wrote:
Mark Bell wrote:Another wishlist - when Alt+I (identify - set all) is used on a smart wall, have the '=' toggle automatically turn ON if it is off so that a user is ready to draw using smart wall entities. Similarly, Alt+I on a 2D entity (or any other non-smart entity) would automatically turn OFF drawing by smart walls.

Dave G is working on it, Identify/setall/draw. After identify/setall you will be left ready to draw. Indentify a circle draw a circle, line/line, smartwal/,smartwall etc. I'm sure it won't be to far away now.... he told me it was on the list :) :)

Dave

Bump