I don't really want to be the harbinger of doom, but:

The case against Windows 10 Anniversary Update grows

There seems to be a way to block it:

Block Windows 10 forced updates without breaking your machine

Dave
#69804 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:24 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:I don't really want to be the harbinger of doom,
Oh yes you do :lol: FWIW, Anniversary's been running great on 20+ systems here. Couple admin things were moved out of the Pro version to the Enterprise version only which kind of ticked me off, but the average user won't see that stuff.
#69807 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:00 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:I don't really want to be the harbinger of doom,
Oh yes you do :lol: FWIW, Anniversary's been running great on 20+ systems here. Couple admin things were moved out of the Pro version to the Enterprise version only which kind of ticked me off, but the average user won't see that stuff.

Have you read some of the horror stories associated with this update? :roll:
#69808 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:55 pm
Roger D wrote::? I found it happened overnight, so now you tell me :(

We've just begun to get some crash reports trickling in that seem to be associated with this update. They seem to revolve around something happening to the Windows default printer. It's too early to tell for sure, but that is my 1st best guess as to what's happening. It does, however, make me feel somewhat better knowing that it has also affected some Autocad and Revit users as well. So, it's not just us.

Dave
#69809 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:04 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Have you read some of the horror stories associated with this update? :roll:
I have, but didn't seem like they are that wide spread.The biggest issue of freezing during the update process was fixed last month with an update supposedly.
#69810 by Roger D
Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:06 pm
So, is this why my file is crashing when I go to the prnit/plot menu?
Any work around?
What is the trick on opening ctrl-shift-p, will this help?