Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69950 by David Porter
Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:20 am
I create DWG files from my DCAD site plans all of the time to provide to the surveyor for preparing the "permit survey." Don't remember seeing the dimension issue I am now seeing. In DCAD, I hand pick which dimensions to change to Decimal and to 2 digits of accuracy using the Lock Scale function.

Below, I show what I see with the DCAD file and what I see in the Exported DWG file.

As can be seen, the 12' dimension did not retain its decimal style dimension and reverted to Architectural. The two dimensions at the bottom, retained their Decimal style dimensions. Don't know why all of the Decimal style dimensions are not retaining that style through the exporting process.
Attachments
ACAD file.png
ACAD file.png (63.64 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
DCAD file.png
#69958 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:26 pm
Looking at David's images, looks like the the Scale Type override is not translating over. I tried testing it with several random sized dimensions with Scale Type overrides at different angles and creating them using both Horiz/Vet and Align, then I mirror copied them and the export looks fine. Maybe try a purge or repair on the file? If it still happens might want to send to tech support so they can troubleshoot it.

We just switched to all TTF's here too, sooo much better DWG output. Taking a performance hit with it but the conversion cleanup is worth it.
Attachments
DimsDWG.PNG