Post off topic threads here.
#70048 by DBrennfoerder
Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 pm
I got one of those great headsets but I'm wondering how to put myself "inside" the model. Kubity has a new format now, but the initial view is always a distant ISO view, now in 3D perspective. Do I physically walk to get inside? I can't rotate and pan the image while the touch screen phone is in the headset. If I need to walk to the model, I'm no longer in the clients office. If I load an interior model to look around the space, Kubity still starts at a distant ISO view.
#70062 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:06 pm
Never mind. Actually used the headset for the first time today. The program puts a small dot mid screen. Hold it on your desired point of view for a couple of seconds and the software automatically moves to that viewpoint. Nice!
#70087 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:38 am
It's really pretty clever. I was wondering how to walk around, but there is a dot in the middle of the screen that functions as a "go to" target identifier. So if I'm inside a large auditorium of a church I've designed, I put the marker on the stage by a worship leader, and in a second the software has reconfigured the perspective and I'm standing on stage looking at the audience. Outside, I can see an advantage to placing "viewing stands" in 3d space to use for viewpoints. Picking points on a parking lot is very easy and I can look around at a campus of buildings very nicely. For a higher viewpoint, I just put the target on a parking lot light and the viewpoint moved to up there.
Kubity is free and the headset is only $15. Give it a try.
#70089 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 am
I have an iPhone 6, the headset is VR Box Virtual Reality Glasses for 13.99 at Dick's 5 and Dime, Branson, MO. If you're not near Branson, it's also on the web at several similar prices. Some links show a remote. I can see how that might be handy for games, but Kubity really doesn't run that way. I don't have a remote for this.

https://www.amazon.com/Box-BTQ007-Virtu ... B00CK8LDAG
#70094 by Robert Scott
Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:41 pm
DBrennfoerder wrote:It's really pretty clever. I was wondering how to walk around, but there is a dot in the middle of the screen that functions as a "go to" target identifier. So if I'm inside a large auditorium of a church I've designed, I put the marker on the stage by a worship leader, and in a second the software has reconfigured the perspective and I'm standing on stage looking at the audience. Outside, I can see an advantage to placing "viewing stands" in 3d space to use for viewpoints. Picking points on a parking lot is very easy and I can look around at a campus of buildings very nicely. For a higher viewpoint, I just put the target on a parking lot light and the viewpoint moved to up there.
Kubity is free and the headset is only $15. Give it a try.

Dwight,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm anxious to see what the paid version of Kubity brings to the table. The development so far has been promising.
I am getting annoyed having to renew the models every seven days but a the current price I really can't complain to much.

Bob