Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70273 by deliriousga
Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 am
All of a sudden all of my custom shortcuts that I've been using for years in the dcadwin.mnu file that use the [Alt] key stopped working. I pulled up the file and they were all gone, but the ones using the [Ctrl] key still work. I changed a few back, saved the .mnu file then rebooted, but they still don't work. Any suggestions to get them back? I've been using them so long I've forgotten where a lot of the things I need are on the menus.

The ones I use the most are [Alt+C] to get to the Change menu and [Alt+G] to get to the Geometry menu in case anyone knows if something else might have taken over those keystrokes.

Thanks!
#70280 by Roger D
Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:00 pm
the Alt-C shortcuts are in the DcadWin.mcr file
The File Dcadwin.mnu has shortcuts for the Menu and can be in the form Ctrl-Alt-C, Ctrl-Shift-C

In the .mcr file, for Alt-C, you should have a line
C^;^F0^
For Alt-G, the line would look similar to (I modified my to Divide into 2 spaces)
G^:^F6^F1^f1^2$^

They are made up of the F-Key Sequence separated by a caret "^".
#70281 by deliriousga
Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:48 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Okay, that's good. Has the computer been rebooted lately? What version of Windows are you running? Where is DataCAD installed on the hard drive?
It started when I started the laptop this morning. Never had the problem before that. I have DCAD 18.0.4.00.06 (PE) installed in the C:\DataCAD 18\ directory on Windows 10. I've created a couple of [Ctrl+] shortcuts in the dcadwin.mnu file to use in the mean time, but I like the additional [Alt+] ones so I can have it all on my left hand for speed.