What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#70396 by joshhuggins
Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:37 pm
Could coincident entity detection be added to Tangents line selection? I had a symbol that had a line in it that i wanted to match the angle of so I traced a line over the line in the symbol so I could pick it for Tangents but it would only pick the symbol and never the line. I even tried moving the symbol to the back but that didn't work either. Had to move the line off the symbol then pick it.

Coincident entity detection would also be nice for Move, Drag as I couldn't pick the line to move it off either as it keep picking the symbol.

Or maybe symbols need to be reworked a bit for coincident entity detection? Either way, thanks!
#70444 by joshhuggins
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:39 pm
I have been digging the drag and drop feature a lot and I just tried dragging and dropping a DLF layer file thinking it might trigger the Import Layer feature but alas it was a no-go. Could this be added?

Also, would really like an Add option in the Import menu so we can import layers as new layers instead of only being able to Replace or Merge with the existing active layer.
#70449 by Roger D
Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:50 pm
You can import the layer as new when using the File/Import and select the layers.
The only issue currently is you can import layers with the same name, maybe Dave can start adding a number when a layer name is duplicate
Layer
Layer01
Layer02???
#70452 by Roger D
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:25 pm
sounds like the old robot on Lost in Space, working, working.....
#70696 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:54 pm
Would it be possible for Datacad to release the audit file after a repair is done running on a file? We get a file in use warning and have to close the drawing in order to open audit file and then reopen the drawing to compare things.
#70803 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:50 pm
If it's not to hard to do, would it be possible to get the Message Bar to accept Ctrl+Enter as Enter also when it is displaying a text entry prompt? I have become so used to using Ctrl+Enter to close the MText dialogs (and other dialogs) I am now constantly hitting Ctrl+Enter to try to close the Message bars text entries also.
#70812 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:36 pm
Thanks Boss!
#70932 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:35 pm
Would it be possible to have the Batch Plot dialog show what pen table is currently set? Or better yet have it be a drop down list where we could change the pen table to be used?
#70957 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:53 pm
Could Ctrl+Right Clicking on entities gain the ultra handy coincident selection function?