Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70302 by rlmorton
Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 pm
Loaded 19 on my laptop and the 'ctrl z' doesn't work - any suggestions? and it does work in other programs.
thanks
#70305 by MtnArch
Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:06 pm
Hmmm ... works on my V19 desktop as expected.

What were you trying to undo - a line? text? inserting a BMP? or ...?
#70306 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:17 am
Maybe check your dcadwin.mnu file and make sure only line 22 for undo has Ctrl+Z assigned. Line 22 should look like this:

Undo|Ctrl+Z|Undo the last operation
#70307 by rlmorton
Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:24 am
thanks for your comments - seems to work fine today, guess all I needed to do was reboot the computer.
#70308 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:50 am
If the [Ctrl] + Z and [Ctrl] + Y shortcuts do not seem to work, look at the Undo / Redo icons in the Standard Toolbar. If they are grayed out, there might not be anything to undo or redo.
UndoRedo.png
Undo / Redo Icons
UndoRedo.png (12.25 KiB) Viewed 19194 times
#70362 by Jim Allen
Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:50 pm
I have been finding that Ctrl z stops working a few times each day in version 19. Enough so that I have gone back to 18 today. The "undo/redo" are greyed out in the Edit menu when this happens. That is not because there isn't something to undo. I wouldn't be looking for it to work if I wasn't undoing something. This has happened in version 18 before, but not as often. Usually when I have 3 or more files open in DataCAD. Which makes it more of a nuisance to shut DataCAD down and reopen it to restore the Ctrl z to functioning. I thought maybe it was a memory issue with my computer. But it seems to be happening every day with version 19.
#70364 by jimgoodman
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:02 pm
Jim Allen wrote:I have been finding that Ctrl z stops working a few times each day in version 19. Enough so that I have gone back to 18 today. The "undo/redo" are greyed out in the Edit menu when this happens. That is not because there isn't something to undo. I wouldn't be looking for it to work if I wasn't undoing something. This has happened in version 18 before, but not as often. Usually when I have 3 or more files open in DataCAD. Which makes it more of a nuisance to shut DataCAD down and reopen it to restore the Ctrl z to functioning. I thought maybe it was a memory issue with my computer. But it seems to be happening every day with version 19.

I had this happen this morning as well - I was fiddling around with Self XRefs at the time.
#70365 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm
Undo_Redo.png
Undo/Redo Menu
Undo_Redo.png (5.22 KiB) Viewed 19114 times
Are the undo/redo items in the Edit pull-down menu disabled also?
#70366 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:36 pm
I would be curious to know if the Undo Buffer is getting cleared when the Undo / Redo icons stop working.

You can enable the Undo History by setting the key, ShowUndoHistory, to TRUE in the [DEBUG] section of DCADWIN.ini.

[DEBUG]
ShowUndoHistory=TRUE

When set to TRUE, you'll find a new menu item, Show Undo History, on the Edit pull-down menu. You can then select this menu option to display a modeless dialog of the Undo History. So I'd like to know if this history gets cleared when the Undo / Redo shortcuts 'break.'

Show_Undo_History.png
Show Undo History
Show_Undo_History.png (6.83 KiB) Viewed 19110 times
Undo_History_Dialog.png
Undo/Redo History Dialog
Undo_History_Dialog.png (19.09 KiB) Viewed 19110 times
#70368 by Jim Allen
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 pm
Here is what I could capture after the Ctrl z stopped working. This is in version 19. What should I look for in the Undo History to see if the undo buffer is clearing if it is not shown in the image.

I didn't realize this thread is in the 18 forum. I did a search before to see if the issue came up and this is where I landed.

Capture.PNG
#70371 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:09 pm
Dave has found and corrected the error that can cause the undo system to get suspended after you open then close the Layer Manger or set a perspective view. The fix will be available in the next update to DataCAD 19.00.01.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

MFM
#70372 by Jim Allen
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 pm
We will see. I don't think I do either of those two things before the undo stops working. I open the layer manager and very rarely ever close it. No reason to unless it's blocking what is under it. And I haven't set any perspectives in a long time. But I hope it gets fixed. Undo just stopped again about a half hour ago right after I turned all the layers on in a drawing to see where an entity belonged.
#70373 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:28 pm
Jim Allen wrote:We will see. I don't think I do either of those two things before the undo stops working. I open the layer manager and very rarely ever close it. No reason to unless it's blocking what is under it. And I haven't set any perspectives in a long time. But I hope it gets fixed. Undo just stopped again about a half hour ago right after I turned all the layers on in a drawing to see where an entity belonged.

Jim:

It's not the closing of the Layer Manager that triggers the loss of Undo. If you use the persistent Layer Manager, merely turning layers On and/or Off can do it. In the non-persistent Layer Manager, clicking Apply can do it. Essentially anything that causes the Layer Manager to force a Redraw to the drawing window can trigger it.

I'm pretty confident that the problem I found is the cause for the loss of Undo.

I too am sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave
#70374 by Jim Allen
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:31 pm
That sounds likely. When I'm jumping from one view to another a lot, that would trigger it.
#70375 by jimgoodman
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:44 pm
Jim Allen wrote:That sounds likely. When I'm jumping from one view to another a lot, that would trigger it.

That is consistent with what I saw this morning.