Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#193 by d keen
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:00 pm
I would like to know the best way to save a drawing file from hard drive to cd for use at another location. I have not been able to work on the cd at the second location and save back to the cd. I get the message "not
authorized to save to this directory".
If I could get some imput on this subject I would appreciate it.
I have formatted the cds in udf format.
Thank you
#196 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:56 pm
Hello:

You might try this DLA software:

http://www.argentuma.com/backup/software/dla.html

When you download it, don't use the IBM Download Manager, and don't worry much about the warning about not working with non-IBM drives.

Another suggestion would be to buy yourself a USB flash drive...
#228 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:15 am
Make sure the CD's your using are CD-RW and not just CD-R

CD-R are just one time write to.
#277 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:52 pm
d keen wrote:I would like to know the best way to save a drawing file from hard drive to cd for use at another location. I have not been able to work on the cd at the second location and save back to the cd. I get the message "not
authorized to save to this directory".
If I could get some imput on this subject I would appreciate it.
I have formatted the cds in udf format.
Thank you

Does the computer at the remote location have the same UDF packet writing software?

My recommendation is to dump the CD burning junk - The USB "jump" drive type devices are insanely cheap now and you don't have to deal with the hassle and time it takes to burn a CD, which may or may not burn correctly (Of course this assumes that all computers involved have USB ports).

Another alternative, if you have high speed internet at both locations, is to just simply e-mail the files back and forth. I do it all the time to and from the office.

Aaron
#947 by Daniel Kaczor
Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:41 pm
Re: DLA software.

A question to those who have switched or installed this software for their CD writers. Does the software "play" nice with CDs or DVDs which were created either with Adaptec or Nero? Does it also "play" nice with Adaptec DirectCD disks which are left open for future writing.

I have downloaded the software but have not installed it as yet. I know... I know... Adaptec is now Roxio is now Sonic. I am working with Windows 98SE, an HP CD Writer Plus that is about four years old and came with Adaptec software (upgraded to Roxio6 then rolled back to Adaptec 2.5d, more reliable) and a DVD that came with Nero software.

TIA
#70538 by d keen
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:02 pm
Thanks everyone for the information. I will get right on it and post the results.
D Keen