Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#70575 by jon
Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:41 pm
I am buying a 2013 mac pro to used with Lightroom and photoshop, as well as DataCAD. I plan to put Parallels, along with Windows and Norton. What are the best keyboard and mouse to used with DataCAD with this setup and are there special setting which help it work well.
My old Thinkpad is slowly running is course and I would like to get into one computer world, rather than this going back and forth.
Any advise would be helpful...
Thank you, Jon
#70576 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:11 am
Hi Jon,

I had the best luck with Logitech mice for both the Mac and while running Windows. You can get the Magic Mouse to work in Windows, but the lack of a physical middles button makes it harder to be consistent in DataCAD. It works when you use MagicPrefs to get a middle button in OSX, so you can then have it in Windows; but if you "miss" the middle of the smooth top of the Magic Mouse, it is less dependable in DataCAD.

I really like the Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless mouse, and if you don't need a wireless mouse, they make a wired version. They have heavy duty button switches, rated for at least 20 million clicks.