Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#680 by WizArtist
Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:37 pm
OK perhaps I'm blind, but I can't find a way to edit text attributes of a symbol except at the initial insertion point.

For example, I insert a Detail Callout from the template, unexploded, and enter the detail# and sheet # that it prompts for. Later I need to update the text attribute to reflect a different detail & sheet #. How can I do this without exploding the symbol?

The reason for my desire to do this is that I am setting up CAD standards for the office I work in. We have a number of HIGHLY INEXPERIENCED draftsmen who are unfamiliar with architectural standards. I see detail bubbles that are 2 inches in diameter on sheets. I also end up with section callouts being misshapen from stretching. I want a template set up where they can input the symbols enlarged to the proper scale for the plot and can be edited as needed.

And before, I get a smart comment, my boss won't let me fire these people .
:twisted:
#681 by Chris Marrs
Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:45 pm
'Edit symbol attributes' is a command option accessible from the symbol browser 'options' tab. That would be the greenish folder looking icon on the top right hand corner of the symbol browser.

There's a bunch of other stuff there too you might want to check out.

Good Luck 8)
#706 by Greg Blandin
Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:09 pm
You can also set it as a quick key (alt + key) in the dcadwin.mcr file. Use an editor like notepad.

Pick a letter you want to use and put this in

(my key I use)

B^170#^

So Alt+B will get me to edit symbol attributes.

Gluck

G
#720 by Philip Hart
Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:36 pm
I use the edit symbol attribute Action Code in a toolbar (that also places "standardized" drawing keys). Note that you are left in the 3D menu after editing a symbol attribute. I've gotten in the habit of using the semi-colon interrupt to get to the 2D Edit menu after editing symbol attributes.
#723 by WizArtist
Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:54 pm
Thanks for the short cut! I applied it to the MCR file and it works like a charm. How did you find the 170# though?