Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70674 by GARY247
Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:49 pm
I have a attribute for a wall type that is a circle. Is there a way to insert the text into the circle so that when you rotate it the text stays centered in the circle? I have fit text clicked and have tried using alt when I rotate it and I cannot get it to stay centered. Even if I have two different attributes one for horizontal and one for vertical I cannot get the text to stay centered.
#70675 by joshhuggins
Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:14 pm
Set your text to be aligned by Center and Middle. Then when inserting the symbol toggle on Lock Angle. I think that should be all you need. Let me know if it doesn't work in case I missed a step as it's been a while since I created one.
#70703 by GARY247
Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:58 am
So how do you get the symbol to be centered on the circle? I inserted it with center alignments and it ends up being off to the left instead of being centered.
#70706 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am
I think the font you use would have to be a non-proportional font. If it's a proportional font (like most hand fonts) the center of the font will never truly coincide with the center of the circle/square/symbol/etc.
#70712 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:02 pm
MtnArch wrote:I think the font you use would have to be a non-proportional font. If it's a proportional font (like most hand fonts) the center of the font will never truly coincide with the center of the circle/square/symbol/etc.
Alan's right, you will probably have to play with it a bit to get it to center up based on the font. TTF's work pretty well at this.
#70715 by Roger D
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:03 pm
I used ArchD.shx and Architxt.shx in door numbers and can flip/rotate/mirror and will read correct. I think the center point is a little above the center of the symbol bubble.