Post off topic threads here.
#70751 by Robert Scott
Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:14 pm
Doing some maintenance and upgrading to my desktop computer.
Currently I have a C dive (500 SSD) and an E drive (2TB for that is used for data) on board with slots for expansion.

My E drive is indicating it is filling up. I went through and move my large Dropbox sync to an external drive for now. Although that was a large chunk of data it made
very little impact on the disk space. Furthermore when I select all the files in the E drive I get a much more realistic number reporting.

Gremlins?
Any suggestion for a good utilitie to dig down into the drive to see what is going on with actual file size?
Recommentions for adding a second data drive...I see 4TB are being offered :)

Robert
Attachments
2TB Drive.JPG
2TB Drive.JPG (47.7 KiB) Viewed 7921 times
E size.JPG
E size.JPG (28.47 KiB) Viewed 7921 times
#70753 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:48 pm
I use https://windirstat.net/. Also have you run the Disk Cleanup button there in the drive properties? Windows can usually can free up a couple gigs there. Edit: Sorry thought that was your system drive.
#70754 by Robert Scott
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:07 pm
Thanks josh...looks like windirstat.net is out of commission.
Must be some hidden files on this drive of some size. Winows 10 sure doesn't make it easy to find those.

Bob
#70756 by Robert Scott
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:33 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Hmm weird, I can see the site fine. :? Anywho here is a direct link to the installer.

Thanks...it's been one of those weeks were the computer has its own agenda!
#70757 by Robert Scott
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:43 pm
Josh come through again. Turns out that the guilty party is windoze backups....
Attachments
Files.JPG