Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70778 by Paul Nida
Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:38 pm
We are in the process of upgrading to new computers and to DCAD 19 and have run into a problem. On two of our new desktop computers the DataCAD executable file has apparently become corrupted and you can't open DCAD. When I tried to determine what was wrong I discovered the DCADWIN.EXE file size was 0. This has happened on DCAD v. 19 and one of the two computers has both v18 and v19 installed and it has happened on both versions. A few days ago it happened on a new laptop/tablet which only has v18 installed at this point. The desktops are Intel Core I7 processors with 32 gb and Windows 10 Pro build 14393. The laptop is also a Core I7 with Windows 10 Pro.

Has anyone else run across this problem?
#70779 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Maybe anti virus software?
#70780 by Paul Nida
Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:39 pm
It may be, but everything should be the same as our old machines. Our IT people should have loaded the same anti-virus software on the new machines. And we have been using Windows 10 Pro for sometime without a problem. And this just started happening on the new machines.