Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70839 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:26 pm
It's working here. It's only for when actually adding new text when using the Change, Text, Contents. It doesn't capitalize existing text if not used with Change, Text, Contents, is this what you were expecting or am I misunderstanding your question?

Edit: FWIW, I have the following values:
AllCaps Linked=TRUE
CapsLock=TRUE
#70840 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:Do any of you remember why Change, Text, AllCaps has no effect if CapsLock=TRUE?

No sir, I don't remember.
#70841 by Mark Bell
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:26 pm
...It's been like this for years. When we started with DataCAD v4 the software came with a plastic guide showing all the shortcut keys which we stuck to our monitors. It emphasised using caps lock ON to access the main shortcuts and this is how we have learnt to use DataCAD. I went to type some text the other day and decided to pick Caps On in the side menu (whilst the caps lock was already on for the keyboard) and the text displayed was in lower case. From our end, DataCAD has always reversed the text caps when the toggle is used so we leave it off to retain capital letters when typing and press the keyboard caps lock to change between upper and lower case text.