Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70858 by George W. Burns CPBD
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:00 pm
I'm sure the "1" and "2" are attribute notations that are useful in some way, but I don't have the time to understand it right now and I need to turn them off. I can't figure out how. Can anyone help me out?
I have been thrown into the fire by my Architect supervisor. I went from a master bath renovation (something I am very familiar with from designing homes for over 30 years) to my second project... re-design an abandoned existing grocery store for new tenets. I am totally unfamiliar with commercial drafting, and totally unfamiliar with DC19. I'm the guy that went from DC8.05 to DC19. I am to get this party started in DC and save as DWG so he and others can work on it in AutoCad.
And I'm FREAKIN' OUT... Apparently there's a time limit on this thing.

I will continue to draw with the hopes that someone can chime in and tell me how to get rid of these things.
Thanks in advance
George
#70860 by MtnArch
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:10 pm
George - I believe that the numbers you are referring to are associated with the Smart Walls. There is a setting somewhere that turns off going into the smart walls ... I think it was "Auto 3D" or something like that? I'll have to do a little digging on that.

I don't use Smart Walls but I know quite a few other users do.
#70861 by MtnArch
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:14 pm
Found it ... it is under the Architect menu/toolbar and is at F0 (F10). If it is selected (turned on) de-select it (turn it OFF) if you don't need Smart Walls.
#70862 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 pm
So two options here. If you want to just draw in 2D like you did in v.8, if you go into the Architect menu, you can turn off F0 Auto 3D and Architect menu will change so walls will once again draw in simple 2D lines and the Manage menu will use the old Wall Style Manager.

If you are trying to draw using the new 3D smart walls and just want to turn off the numbers, in the Architect menu, with Auto 3D turned on, you can turn off Node #'s and Node Markers.

LOL, Alan wins :lol:
#70867 by MtnArch
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:34 pm
I didn't win ... George did!

:D