Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70904 by GARY247
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 am
I tried to create an attribute in the text menu but it explodes it automatically. Is there any way to get around this?
#70907 by Roger D
Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:44 pm
Can you explain a little more. I just created one in v18, appears to be fine. If you ID it, does it show as text or SYMATR?
Have you put it in a symbol? Is the Explode @ S6 (Template) or F7 (Symbol Browser) turned on when placing the symbol?
#70908 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm
You have to save them as part of a symbol and then insert the symbol un-exploded.
#72641 by Roger D
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:04 pm
Have existing Symbol with attributes for Room Finishes. Wish to reorder the attributes so when I export them, they are in the correct order for the Finish Schedule.
What's the way to reorder attributes from like
C D A E F B to
A B C D E F ?
#72652 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 pm
Roger D wrote:Have existing Symbol with attributes for Room Finishes. Wish to reorder the attributes so when I export them, they are in the correct order for the Finish Schedule.
What's the way to reorder attributes from like
C D A E F B to
A B C D E F ?
Not sure I follow exactly what you are asking for, do you mean the order in which they appear in the Edit Attributes dialog? I am not sure about the exporting of them, but you can use Group and pick the attributes by Entity to set their order in the Edit Attributes dialog.
#72654 by Roger D
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:45 am
Thought I tried the group command to order them before. Tried it again, but also saw the symbol had more layers than I remembered.
Changed that order, and now can export my Room Finish Schedule from the plan and not have to move columns around any more.