Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71365 by SirRixalot
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:07 pm
Hello,

I am having a problem with one of my drawings crashing within a few seconds after opening it. It will not crash unless I zoom and pan around but as soon as i do that it crashes. I tried doing a purge; saving as a new file but the new file has the same issue. I have read about this recover command that is supposed to be in the File menu but only if you do not have a drawing open. I do not appear to have this. I am running DataCAD 18 and have the most updated version of it. Please help if you can.

Thank you
#71390 by joshhuggins
Tue May 02, 2017 1:11 pm
The repair tool is new for v19. It works really good at cleaning up file. Worth the upgrade for that tool alone. You could try using Ctrl+E, for clipboard select, Ctrl+A to select all and then paste the contents into a new base file.
#71396 by MtnArch
Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 pm
Make sure that you paste the entities into a completely empty (ie. NOT your customized base drawing file) file, just to make sure that you don't have a corrupted entity/setting in the base file that could come along for the ride.
#71445 by SirRixalot
Fri May 05, 2017 12:53 pm
Thanks y'all. Luckily, we have the building permit for said drawing & not really doing much work in it anymore. All I had to do was keep the drawing open long enough to print it, which I managed to do. I will keep in mind the idea of pasting everything into a new drawing while we are using 18.

Thanks again :D
#71448 by Roger D
Fri May 05, 2017 2:13 pm
Is copy and paste into a new drawing the best way to clean out bad data, or
Is Purge to a new drawing better, or
Is File/Import/Layers the best way?
#71449 by joshhuggins
Fri May 05, 2017 3:28 pm
Roger D wrote:Is copy and paste into a new drawing the best way to clean out bad data, or
Is Purge to a new drawing better, or
Is File/Import/Layers the best way?
I'd do them all and then toss in a File, Repair in v19 and call it good!