Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71459 by George W. Burns CPBD
Tue May 09, 2017 2:15 pm
I am not at a point yet where I can work within "gotoviews" or however DataCad expects to generate interior elevations. Isn't there some way to capture a "front elevation" of a 3d toilet in the symbols library and "paste" it to the drawing space so I can traditionally draw interior elevations? Can't figure it out. need to do the same with a wall-hung lav.
Thanks in advance,
George
#71462 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 09, 2017 3:14 pm
Or bring it up in the Symbol Editor and go to a Front Elevation. Perform an HLR and save the result to a new layer. Make that new layer Active Only and delete the others. Then do a Save As to a new symbol name.

Dave
#71463 by George W. Burns CPBD
Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Or bring it up in the Symbol Editor and go to a Front Elevation. Perform an HLR and save the result to a new layer. Make that new layer Active Only and delete the others. Then do a Save As to a new symbol name.

Dave

THAT'S the part I'm having trouble with. WHERE is the symbol editor? It is not on the options pulldown.
#71464 by Neil Blanchard
Tue May 09, 2017 3:50 pm
If the symbol is in your drawing, you can Control/Right Click on it, and go to Symbol Tools / Edit Symbol. In the Symbol Browser, you can Right Click on it and select Edit Symbol.

The third way, is to change the Program Preference / Drawing and toggle on Double-click for Symbol Editor. Then when the symbol is in your drawing, just double click on it.