What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#71465 by Joseph Baron
Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm
I'm thinking that having a 'To Layer' option in Change > Match > All would be helpful.

I'm also thinking that having an INI file setting on whether the individual wants to include the 'To Layer' option with Change > Match > All would be the best way to incorporate this.

What do you think?
#71469 by joshhuggins
Tue May 09, 2017 4:59 pm
So you want to match all of the properties of the selected entity and move it to that entities layer? I could see how someone who might work in a specific way might like that. I think I would ask this question first, is your end goal for all of your drawings to have all entities on a same layer to have all of their properties match, or is this just kind of where you were sketch drawing on the wrong layers, colors or after an import and you are just trying to move and match to clean up your drafting?

Reason I'd ask this is if it's a drawing preference thing rather than a cleanup thing, maybe the way to go would be further expansion of the By Layer options in the layer manager so that anything moved to a layer would inherit the layers properties which could save you even more time. For our office, we don't have specific entity properties for specific layers so this wouldn't be of too much use for us but every great once in a while, if we remembered we could do it that way.
#71472 by Roger D
Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm
Does the requester realize in the Move command, to Layer, Match you can change color, line type, Spacing while doing the move.

Also can double click on the entity and change most all settings for an entity, but know that would be a pain if you wanted to do more than one.

I wouldn't have a problem adding it to the Change command, as long as layer is an option in the list so one could opt-out of the layer option.
#71473 by Dave
Tue May 09, 2017 11:56 pm
I'd prefer to see an identify setall and be left ready to dràw identified entity with an option of current layer or identified layer

DaveR
#71475 by Joseph Baron
Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 am
Part of our workflow involves importing AutoCAD DWG files into an existing DataCAD file that does have some layers segregated by linetype/color so a reason for the request is to be able to quickly move 'needed' entities to the selected entity layer while matching its linetype/color. Another reason is since we also work in AutoCAD is to have the same 'To Layer' Match Properties option in DataCAD.

The idea of having a boolean option in the DataCAD INI file would enable the individual user to choose whether or not 'To Layer' is included in Change > Match > All.
#71479 by jimgoodman
Wed May 10, 2017 9:07 am
I don't know that you could have too many options for managing entities in an drawing. Toggles would probably do the trick without needing an ini setting.

As has been suggested, additional match options in the Move/Copy function would be helpful. Things like z-base, z-height, would definitely save a step.
Adding a "to layer" option to Identify/Set-All would be useful too.
#71485 by Joseph Baron
Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 am
Identify > Set All does in fact set the active layer to the selected entity layer.
#71486 by Joseph Baron
Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 pm
I understand that now, having option not to set active layer.
#71501 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 16, 2017 4:25 pm
Dave wrote:I'd prefer to see an identify setall and be left ready to dràw identified entity with an option of current layer or identified layer

The first iteration of this has been prototyped for the next Subscription update.

Dave
#71502 by Dave
Wed May 17, 2017 4:18 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:
Dave wrote:I'd prefer to see an identify setall and be left ready to dràw identified entity with an option of current layer or identified layer

The first iteration of this has been prototyped for the next Subscription update.

Dave

:D :D :D