Post off topic threads here.
#71478 by DBrennfoerder
Wed May 10, 2017 9:01 am
Is there a forum that you guys use for code questions? I submitted to one site with my last question, but never got a response there; only here. You guys are the experts!

So here's another for Florida code only: My project is E occupancy, Construction type VB, sprinklered, so easily meets the area limits for Table 503. I'm allowed 0 hour ratings for all materials and for corridors.
On the other and, my contractor there says local entities have been finding a requirement for smoke control in corridors that is not relieved when corridor goes to 0 hour with sprinkler.

I can't find a section that demands it. Help?
#71482 by MtnArch
Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am
I'm a member of "The Building Code Forum" (https://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/) - a really great forum made up of various CBO's/Inspectors/Architects/Builders/etc. from all over the nation (and Canada, too!). You can check it out for free but really get the best benefit by becoming a paid member (a "Sawhorse" because you "support" the forum!). I've also been a member of "The Building Code Discussion Group" (http://bcdg.hoop.la/forum-directory) which is another great forum, and there are some cross-over members on both forums.

As for your question, is there a code section in the NFPA Fire Code or the NFPA Life Safety Code that could be driving this? I'm assuming you probably already looked to see if there is a local ordinance that may require it.
#71483 by DBrennfoerder
Wed May 10, 2017 11:28 am
Florida Fire Prevention Code pulls from NFPA 101, 8.4.1 says, "where requred elsewhere, smoke partitions shall be provided", but can't seem to hit the paragraph requiring it in this instance.