Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71610 by MickTheFarmer
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:08 pm
I have an issue with rendering 3D window frames.
I have created a set of windows with the frames set as a Material called "WindowFrame"
The plan was to simply apply a coloured texture to get the selected powdercoat colour to render.

I have a set of colour swatches as textures (.bmp files).

However I cannot seem to apply a texture that is a single full colour.

What is the go??
#71613 by Mark Bell
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:32 pm
If you're using O2C then the materials can be applied either by layer or by colour. Use the View/Rendering/your selection in the pulldown menu (or icons) and play around with these options to set the material to the layer WindowFrame. From memory, these assigned materials are also carried into Sunshader as well.
#71627 by melina
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:21 am
I can duplicate this problem - it's been here for awhile. For some reason DCAD won't recognize the texture if it is perfectly consistent. I thought this worked a long time ago - but I may have been fantasizing. ;) Previous versions came with uniform color textures, which don't work anymore either.

The work around is to determine the RGB of the color swatch (I used the free app ColorPicker) and change the "Rendered Color" to the custom color.

I, too, have many manufacturer's standard color swatches and many symbols, like windows & doors, with similar materials assignments, so that the color can be easily changed per project rather than having a symbols of every color option, worrying about conflicting color material assignments or having a bizillion layers (which can't easily be accessed through the "edit material properties" if the symbol is not exploded).

Sounds like a wishlist item, doesn't it?