Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71621 by bfallis2
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:25 am
While active in DataCAD 19, when I select the print or printer setting functions from the menu or toolbar I am kicked out of the active file and returned to the start menu. Shut down and restart failed to make a difference and the printer works fine with other programs on the computer.
#71622 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:09 pm
Try using Ctrl+Shift+C to clear the printer settings before going to the printer menu.
#71623 by RPadgett
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:17 pm
I had that happen recently when I was trying to access a dwg from dropbox. The location I was at had spotty internet connectivity. Try moving the file to your desktop and see if that helps, it did for me.
#71624 by bfallis2
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:24 pm
Thanks so much for the good ideas. It turned out to be something simple (as it usually is) and was not a DataCAD problem. Through some odd occurrence, the printer settings in the computer became messed up and some programs would not print. Just my luck that I initially decided to print a pdf image file and it printed just fine. Later, I attempted to print a Word file and was notified that a default printer had not been selected. After I reset the printers in control panel everything started coming back into place. It always amazes me that the computer can forget its settings in the blink of an eye (and I thought my memory was failing). I'll note those great suggestions for the next printer problem. Thank you.
#71625 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:42 pm
If you are running Windoze 10, there is a setting that allows Windows to "manage" your default printer. I would de-select that.

Dave