What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#71692 by gcpickering
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 am
Please Please Please tell me there will someday be a Datacad version that is mac compliant? It truly is the only program (that i would use much more regularly) that doesn't run on all my devices. I have one lone computer that is solely for Datacad. The VM ware route sent me over the edge and yes i use dropbox, but please tell me you are developing another solution? Thanks!
#71848 by The Canuck
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 pm
I completely agree with you. For the time being, I am using parallels and it has worked great. With dual monitors, I can run Windows/DataCAD on one monitor, and all my MacOS on the other. Plus since DataCAD is pretty much the only thing running on the Windows side of things, it starts up super quick, and runs extremely smooth.
#71852 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:34 am
What Mac do you have, and how much RAM does it have? This is the best - and only way - to do this. I used VMware Fusion with Windows for almost 8 years on my 24" iMac. It had 6GB of RAM. If you have AT LEAST 8GB - 12 or 16 would be much better, then you can do this.

Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion each are quite similar, and you have to also buy a copy of Windows, and I would recommend a good antivirus, too. But, with Windows Defender in Win10, you may be fine. The best part is, your DataCAD drawings are stored on a "networked" drive that is accessible from the Mac - and they get backed up by Time Machine.