Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71854 by esme103
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 am
Again, thank you to Neil for explaining that some of the patterns I was looking for were in the "line types". There are two types of line types for shingles. One is called "Dshingle" the other is called "PShinge". I am pretty sure that the DShingle is supposed to represent wooden shingles. Does the Pshingle represent graphically an asphalt shingle or is there another line for that?

Thanks.
#71858 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:24 am
It all depends on what you want to show graphically. The "PShingle" is great for just showing the siding on smaller scale building and wall section, 1/4"=1'-0" or 1/2"=1'-0", where you don't need the additional detail. The "PShingle" is also perfect for vinyl siding.

Don't let the computer dictate how you want to show the drawing. Explore the resources within Datacad and get creative.
#71873 by Roger D
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am
All these years, and I have not found a good standard for what a 1/2 Hour Fire Partition line type should be.
1 Hour = Center Line - 1 short dash, long dash
2 Hour = Property Line - 2 short dashes, long dash
etc.
But how do I show a 1/2 dash??? :?
#71878 by Roger D
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:35 pm
I could create something, but what is the industry standard for a 1/2 Fire Partition line designation?