Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71312 by artmanvt2000
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 am
After updating from Datacad 18 to Datacad 19, our drawings started in Datacad 18 are not displaying the correct pen table. We had the same thing happen when we updated from 17 to 18. When we go to the plotter menu and select Pen Table, the dialog box shows that the correct pen table is loaded, but does not print as such. After we click "Load" and select the pen table and click open the pen table displays as it should.

This is the folder structure we had for Datacad 18 & 19 for storing the pen tables.
Datacad 18 = Datacad 18/Support Files/Pen Tables
Datacad 19 = Datacad 19/Support Files/Pen Tables

I have also confirmed that the Program Preferences have the correct Pen Table path in the Pathnames folder.

Please let me know what I have done wrong, I need to get this corrected for consistent plotting of drawings in our office.
#71342 by Mark Bell
Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:58 am
Is the problem across all colours or only some? The only issue we had was with white used on a darker background after the upgrade. We have pen 30 which shows as white but appears to 'stick' in the colour selector window and needs the Custom/ color picker window to be opened and closed to make the setting stick.
#71835 by artmanvt2000
Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 pm
It is across the board. When one clicks on the pen table the correct pen table is displayed, but all lines are plotted with a very heavy line weight.
#71850 by Mark Bell
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 am
Have you checked whether the lines have inadvertently had line weight applied and that the Display/Lineweights is off so it's not evident on screen? If you Identify one of the thick-printing lines it should show what line weight is applied.
#71857 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 am
Mark, the drawings do not have any line weights. We use a pen named "Standard" for all our black and white printing to a large format mat printer. We are also currently on Datacad 19 with the current updates. This only occurs with files the were last used with Datacad 18. After opening an older file, we go to the pen table, in the Plotter Menu. The Pen Table dialog box displays that the "Standard" pen table is loaded. If we print the lines are all heavy black. We have to do the extra step of going into the Pen Table dialog box and select "Load" to apply the "Standard" pen table.

I know it is weird that this is occurring. We would just like the problem fixed.
#71859 by Roger D
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am
Is the "Standard.dpf" file located in the C:\DataCAD 19\Support Files\Pen Tables directory?
#71861 by Roger D
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 am
Sorry, didn't go back to the first post, just a thought on the latest post.
Thinking about it, I also seem to be having this issue with some drawings, having to reload my pen table, even though I have also saved it as dcadwin.dpf thinking that would help if it went back to the default table.
#71862 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 am
I don't know if there is something in the file coding that is telling the file to look in the folder Datacad 18/Support Files/Pen Tables (which doesn't existing any more) for the pen table versus the new "Default" folder location Datacad 19/Support Files/Pen Tables.
#71892 by artmanvt2000
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:14 pm
I have attached two images. The first is with printing the document without selecting the load button in the pen tables. The pen table that is shown in the pen table dialog box is the correct pen table. The second Image is the correct result with loading the same pen table. Please see my first post in this discuss for my initial comments.
Attachments
Image 2.jpg
Print with the correct pen widths
Image 1.jpg
Print with the wrong pen widths
#71895 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:16 pm
artmanvt2000 wrote:I have attached two images. The first is with printing the document without selecting the load button in the pen tables. The pen table that is shown in the pen table dialog box is the correct pen table. The second Image is the correct result with loading the same pen table. Please see my first post in this discuss for my initial comments.

Arthur,

Please bear with me as I'm looking through the code trying to find out why this is failing for you. What is your path for "Pen Tables" set to in v19? What was it set to in v18?

Dave
#71896 by artmanvt2000
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:27 pm
David,

Your assumption is correct. I outlined this in my first post in this discussion.
#71897 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:44 pm
Copy the Pen Table files from your v18 installation to your v19 installation?

Obviously, make a backup copy of both folders first.

This is certainly not the final solution as I feel the error is somewhere in DataCAD. I'm just trying to find you a work-around until I can untangle what's going on within DataCAD. So far, it looks to be an Absolute vs Relative path name issue that I need to resolve somehow.

Dave
#71898 by artmanvt2000
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 pm
Yes. We copy all of our office created and collected support & symbol files to our file server. Then copy the needed files to each computer into the correct folders.
#72351 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:52 pm
Can you post a copy of your dcadwin.ini file's contents so we can look at it?