What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#71694 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 am
Would it be difficult to make the full cursor show up in the current line type?
It's frustrating to have been drawing dashed lines, then do text or some other activity, then go back to drawing lines, hoping to get solid lines, and forget that I last drew a dashed line. I know, I could always glance over to the menu to check--
#71695 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:28 am
Ohhh man, that would be hard to position your cursor if you are using insulation linetypes :lol:
#71696 by jimgoodman
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 am
My cursor already looks like the Wiggle line type after too much coffee 8)
#71701 by Roger D
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm
My Alt-I (Identify-set) all could get you back to correct layer and linetype and spacing.
I say this since my text is always on it's own layer, no lines.
#71702 by jimgoodman
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:06 pm
DBrennfoerder wrote:OK, maybe a bad idea. :(

It's never a bad idea as long as there is an entry in the ini file to control it....

I can definitely see the value in having this feature. For example, when editing a polyline boundary with the big cursor, it can sometimes be hard to find the cursor without changing to the small version. Having the cursor as a dashed line would solve that problem.
#71865 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 am
Niel, I like the idea of a Toolbar. What about an option button in the Arrows menu to automatically switch the linetype to solid. It could be a toggle button much like "Keep Groups" works for coping and cut/paste.