Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72009 by George W. Burns CPBD
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:01 pm
As you can see in the image below, I have drawn a Tuscan column for a project I'm drawing, and on the capitol, these small curves have disappeared. They have to still be there in some form because you can still see the center marks. What is going on? One side of one column was drawn initially, then mirrored, then copied all over the drawing file for multiple columns in multiple locations on the building, as well as multiple views (Front, side, rear, porch section detail, etc.) The first time it was only the astragal (180 degree curves), so I redrew them. Now every curve but the echinus has vanished (at the capitol... the torus at the base of the column is still there as well).

Any ideas? Is this a glitch in Datacad?

#72010 by Roger D
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:09 pm
check color?
Appears you are drawing solid lnes.
Do you have smart walls on and maybe not hitting the outside (i've done that by mistake)
Can you select that are and see something selected?
Try to change that area to solid line, color, knockout off????
Check in Display, Arc Factor, should be small, mine is 3.
#72011 by George W. Burns CPBD
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:16 pm
As you can see below, I "alt-identified" and clicked on the center marker. The curve shows up, and the list of attributes on the right says it is a solid line. I will add, this curve was drawn at the same time, same settings, same layer as the Echinus that IS still showing. Something ain't right...

No, I do not have smart walls turned on. Haven't gotten comfortable with using those yet.

#72013 by MtnArch
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:34 pm
I have my arc factor set to 10, but sometimes I still need to Regen for some of the smaller arcs/circles to show up after I've been zoomed out.
#72014 by Roger D
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:04 pm
I'd do a quick plot preview and see if they show up there. Also, I'd lower your arc factor setting and see if that helps. might just be a display issue.
also close and restart dcad sometimes helps clear out issues.
#72060 by artmanvt2000
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:41 am
I find that the small circles will disappear when zoomed way out. Have you tried pressing "U" to refresh (regenerate) the screen view? Refreshing the screen view has always worked for me.