Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72029 by George W. Burns CPBD
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14 pm
I would love to be able to paste my General Notes which I typed up in Word (as seen in the image below) and have them actually have the indented paragraphs with bullet pointed numbers:

But in the MText box it looks like this:

Which is still pretty good looking, but when I decided that the text was too small, and increased the "GENERAL NOTES" from 9 15/16" (for some reason???) to 12" (which it turned into 11 5/8" or some such), and then increased the field from 5" to 6" (again, it decided 5 11/16" or something like that was what I really wanted... :?: ), it looks like this in the drawing:

I'm sure there is something I'm not doing right. And I could delete the "General Notes" part and put that in a separate text box since I want it to be larger than the field... Just trying to learn how this thing works. Any helpful hints?
#72061 by artmanvt2000
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:45 am
The only solution I have found is to make each paragraph a separate entity. This will also provided you with better control of editing and modifications to single paragraphs, such as adjusting color, line weight, aspect and paragraph length per paragraph.
#72062 by Roger D
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 am
I do my notes in Excel, then copy paste
Numbers in own column, auto number by adding 1 to the max number above.