The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#72133 by Jsosnowski
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 am
I noticed that you used mode_group in your shadow macro. Is that where the bug occurs? It appears to work in my DCAD12 . Is it possible that difference is in the number of entities in the group?
#72134 by dhs
Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:22 pm
mode_group works just fine in Classic DCAL (that I used for the Shadow macro).
It is in DCAL for Delphi that the bug exists. This makes it impossible to write any D4D macro that wants to implement the normal selection menu.
#73309 by dhs
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:01 pm
Hi Mark,

I don't think it is a syntax issue, but I'm a bit confused by the example you included from PSymColors as it does not call mode_group at all.

I have only been able to find one example of the use of mode_group call in the sample source code, and that is in the UAUTOVOID unit in the AEC_Model sample.
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get the AEC_Model macro to call this line of code ... it is in the remove functionality, so I tried creating some windows and then removing them, but the remove functionality didn't seem to work: it kept telling me it could not find a Window/Door/Cutout to remove (I haven't done a thorough analysis, but it seems like the logic that is asking you to select the window/door to remove is ignoring entities with the '*AEWINDDOOR' attribute - and as that attribute is added to windows/doors created by the macro it is not able to select them for removal ???).

I am not the first person to have problems with the mode_group call: There were problems with in when Pietro was writing his book as he also noted that the only result he could obtain with mode_group was a crash.

When I was debugging it the code right up to the mode_group call exectuted correctly but it crashed on the mode_group call itself.

Regards,
David H
#73313 by dhs
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 pm
Hi Mark,
I have emailed you the source of the project where I was experiencing this problem. Had some problems emailing it so please let me know if you don't get it (and apologies if you received it multiple times!)
David