Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72141 by 2mackids
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 pm
About 80% of the time when I try to print a PDF, or even to a printer for that matter, the printing scale changes on me. If I have several views to print from one drawing I have to tell it the same scale over and over; it won't keep the same scale as the most recent print. Is there a setting I don't know about?
#72143 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:02 pm
Check the Misc tab of the Preferences dialog. If you have this option checked, the current Plot Scale will be saved and recalled with GTVs.
plot scale.JPG
plot scale.JPG (81.14 KiB) Viewed 4000 times

Dave
#72182 by Ted B
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:42 am
I find the most reliable method on my PC is to select my Inkjet printer* first and the desired "preference" as if I wanted a paper-print; then select the .PDF-printer and "print". Otherwise I find going direct to the PDF-printer problematic. I have my "preferences" saved for letter-size and 11x17" plot sized. My full-size document is a 11x17" inkjet original on-paper in "B&W-only" to save color ink, ...I rarely actually print in color. For construction drawings I find that the std.-quality ink-saver mode is dark-enough. My normal letter-sized business printouts and drafts typically are one-or-two sided "draft"-quality B&W-only in ink-saver mode.

[ *-Epson WF-7620 Workforce 4-in-1 printer. ]