Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72195 by John Erren
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:11 pm
I am trying to print on Datacad 19. So I go into print/plot settings, choose my printer with the name 'John's printer' which is a Brother MFC-J6910DW printer which does A3 and A4. When I click on properties on same page, it tells me my printer is a 'HP Colour laser jet 2820 AiO PS Class Driver Device settings.
My question is ... how do I get it to change it to the correct printer?? It doesn't give me any options as far as I can see.
The only thing I can do at the moment is print to PDF. I would love to be able to print A3 as well, but because (I presume) the HP laser jet doesn't have A3, it won't let me.
:(

Help ... please !!
#72196 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:18 pm
Try using Ctrl+Shift+C to clear the Datacad print settings, maybe it will clear it up? Have you tried restarting the computer?
#72197 by Mark Bell
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:10 pm
I have the same printer in my office. Have you set it as your default printer in Windows/Control Panel/Devices and Printers? It should then show in your list of available printers when you restart DataCAD.
#72198 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:47 pm
Also, Windows 10 has this horrible feature where it auto changes your default printer to the last printer used. I would highly recommend disabling this setting if you have Windows 10 and have not already done so.
Attachments
printers-scanners.PNG