Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72212 by cgarchitect
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:42 am
Is there a way to have a hatch pattern scale itself automatically when using a detail in different scales. Such as a wall section detail at a scale of 1/2" and using the same wall section in a building section that has a scale of 1/4"? I often like to copy details and then make a wall section or similar out of them but then have to go back and redo the hatching because its too dark.

Thanks
PJ
:?:
#72807 by artmanvt2000
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am
PJ,

You can also do this by calculating the hatch scale for your different scales. Many of the scales use 32 units per inch. I will give a scenario below.

If I am using a angled hatch on a 1/4" = 1'-0" drawing and want the printed spacing between the lines to be 1/8". I would set the drawing spacing of the hatch to be 6". So I would set the hatch scale to be 6 x 32 = 192.

If I am using the same hatch on a detail at 1 1/2" = 1'-0" and want the printed spacing to be the same. I would set the hatch scale to be 1 x 32 = 32.

Attached is chart with real size required for desired printed size.
Text Size Chart-2.jpg
Text Size Chart