Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72346 by artmanvt2000
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm
When I go insert an exploded symbol from the Symbol Browser, Keep Groups is always on. So if the symbol was not saved as a group and I go to move the exploded symbol using groups it doesn't grab the entire symbol. Is there any way to get the Symbol Browser to remember the status of Keep Groups. I don't want to spend the time to redefine all of our symbols that we have created over the years.

I am starting to get a little tired of the "advancements" messing with features of Datacad that we users have always used and become accustom to.
#72347 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:20 pm
artmanvt2000 wrote:When I go insert an exploded symbol from the Symbol Browser, Keep Groups is always on. So if the symbol was not saved as a group and I go to move the exploded symbol using groups it doesn't grab the entire symbol. Is there any way to get the Symbol Browser to remember the status of Keep Groups. I don't want to spend the time to redefine all of our symbols that we have created over the years.
If Keep Groups is toggled off when inserting exploded it will group all the entities together and then it will move everything together.

artmanvt2000 wrote:I am starting to get a little tired of the "advancements" messing with features of Datacad that we users have always used and become accustom to.
Such as?
#72348 by artmanvt2000
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm
Josh, Yes you are correct about turning Keep Groups off. What happens is that I have to turn the Keep Groups off every time I insert a symbol Datacad is not remembering the status of Keep Groups in the Symbol Browser.

Things that have gotten changed in the update from 18 to 19.

Default file and settings are constantly getting changed. We modify the Datacad Default drawing to set up the settings we want. Every time there is an update, the file gets changed, messing up the settings we had.

I still haven't heard a response to the pen table we are having. Any file that was started in Datacad 18 or earlier the current pen table is not being used. We save all our support files prior to update and reload them after the update is complete. The old files when opened show that the correct pen table is being used, but when we print it, the lines are very heavy. We have to reload the pen table for ALL files started in previous version.

This is all things that cost the company I work for time. Just like the message I am writing now.
#72350 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm
artmanvt2000 wrote:What happens is that I have to turn the Keep Groups off every time I insert a symbol Datacad is not remembering the status of Keep Groups in the Symbol Browser.

What do you have set for the following ini value?
Code: Select all[General]
Explode Keeps Groups=FALSE

; If TRUE, Keep Groups will automatically reset to on.
; If FALSE, Keep Groups will automatically reset to off.
; If blank, the Keep Groups toggle will retain its last status.

Datacad HQ - This ini value needs to be added to the undocumented list on the website.

artmanvt2000 wrote:Default file and settings are constantly getting changed. We modify the Datacad Default drawing to set up the settings we want. Every time there is an update, the file gets changed, messing up the settings we had.
We have not been seeing this here. What are you seeing, maybe we can figure it out?

artmanvt2000 wrote:I still haven't heard a response to the pen table we are having. Any file that was started in Datacad 18 or earlier the current pen table is not being used. We save all our support files prior to update and reload them after the update is complete. The old files when opened show that the correct pen table is being used, but when we print it, the lines are very heavy. We have to reload the pen table for ALL files started in previous version.
I will reply on that topics page.
#72358 by artmanvt2000
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 am
Josh,

The Keep Groups has been resolved. Thanks for your input, it was very helpful. Has anyone compiled a complete list of the ini values. I knew there was discussion about Datacad doing it, but I had seen anything.

We have set up our default drawing with little this set, like points off for drawing rectangles, grid snapping behavior and which object snap functions are on and off. These items are just a few of the ones we are seeing that are getting changed after an update. I may have realized a work around. I will keep you posted if it works.
#72362 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 am
artmanvt2000 wrote:...points off for drawing rectangles, grid snapping behavior and which object snap functions are on and off.
Yeah none of that stuff is changing here in our base files. :? Hope we can figure it out for ya.
#72363 by artmanvt2000
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:16 am
I was opening the DC19_DFLT and saving it with my settings and using that for our standard default file. I have now switched to a new file to use a default file. Hopefully that will resolve my some of my problems.