Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72412 by David Porter
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am
Purchased a new Dell laptop. Not real pleased with how they combined the PgUp, PgDn, Home, and End keys with the scrolling arrow keys. Really messes up my use of DCAD where I am constantly hitting the Home key to get the drawing area centered onto the screen. Now, doing that has to be a two-handed operation (hit the Fn key and Home key). Cutting into my DCAD speed big time. I searched for a workaround to get the Home key back to just being a click of it and not having to hit the Fn key but couldn't find any solution.

Any computer gurus out there who know the fix to this annoying situation? Beware of this problem if you go to purchase a new laptop. I did try the Fn lock key but that only changes the function of the F1-12 keys across the top of the keyboard.
#72413 by Paul Nida
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 am
I don't know what mouse you are using, but if you are using one with programmable buttons you might program a mouse button to be the function key.
#72414 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:13 pm
Might check the bios to see if there is a toggle option. Also may want to look at a wireless programmable 10 key or gaming keypad that you can program the buttons to be anything you want.