Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72378 by JohnFornaro
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:15 pm
Hello all.

I stumbled back to this site though a circuitous route, but I used to be a hard core Dcad user. Anyhow, on the home page, as a "contractor tool" there was mention made of a framing utility for Dcad. Can anybody give me a brief synopsis of how it works and how complete a function it is?

Thanks in advance.
JF
#72423 by Jsosnowski
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm
FrameIt is a macro that will generate 3d models of floor, wall, and roof framing and generate simple material take-off lists. The model is generated by establishing basic framing sizes required and then tracing the extents of the various framing assemblies. Once you have provided input on the extent of the assemblies to include it generates a simple materials list. I have not used it professionally, but it appears to include odds and ends such as bearing plates, end joists, double studs at openings, lintels and other basic framing details correctly.
Last edited by Jsosnowski on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.