Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72521 by DavidBergman
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 am
Just curious if anyone has any further thoughts on this. And does the text look soft in the screenshot? I'm pretty sure it was sharper on my old laptop (and on the external monitor when connected to that laptop), but I can't cross check it since that laptop's screen is broken. (Hence the new laptop.)
Thanks.
#72523 by DavidBergman
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 am
Hi Neil,

Sorry, I didn't see your question until just now. (A screen refresh of the topic didn't tell me that a 2nd page had been started!) The monitor is an Asus VS248H-P. However, I don't think that's a factor since the problem is apparent on both that monitor and the laptop monitor.

Thanks
#72526 by Dave
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:06 pm
If the old laptop is still working apart from the screen have you tried connecting the new screen to the old laptop and see what that looks like. Connect the monitor, turn laptop on and use the fn and an f key to change the display to the external monitor

DaveR
Last edited by Dave on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#72576 by DavidBergman
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:18 pm
Apologies for the delayed test and reply. I finally got around to hooking up the old laptop. Took photos of the screen of the same file at the same scale on the same monitor from both laptops and I guess I was wrong - they do appear to be pretty much the same sharpness. I guess I was just thrown off somehow. Still, text and symbols in the symbol browser both appear jagged. I'm attaching the comparative images. The new Dell laptop is the left and the old Asus on the right.
Attachments
DataCad comparison screenshot.jpg