Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72745 by GARY247
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm
I have the floor plan that has an xref of the existing conditions. When I create a plot file which is an xref of the border and an xref of the floor plan the xref of the existing conditions that was brought into the floor plan does not show up in the plot file. I have tried turning nesting and merging on an off and nothing seems to work to get the floor plan to show correctly in the plot file. How did I get this to work correctly?
#72746 by Roger D
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm
Identify the xref. Is it set to a plotting color? Is the linetype solid? Other things like this might cause this.
#72747 by GARY247
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 pm
The plot file contains an xref of the floor plan which has an xref of the existing floor plan demo. When I bring a xref of floor plan into the plot file the embedded existing floor plan demo xref does not show so I can not identify it. I thought it had something to do with nesting but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I thought that if the nesting was turned off on the original and turned on in the xref it would work but no deal.
#72748 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am
There are two things that have to be toggled on: in Program Preferences, you have to have show nested XRef's toggled on - and you have to have Nesting toggled on for the specific XRef. This can be done by Control-Right Clicking on the XRef and toggle it on.
#72750 by GARY247
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm
Actually I had to select all of the xref of the existing plans and not just the one in question and click nesting and merging off to get it to work. Before I was only selecting the one in question.
#72751 by GARY247
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm
Actually what I ending up doing to get it to work was to select all of the existing plan xreference's and turn nesting and merging off. Before I was only selecting one xref that pertained to the first floor. I had a total of four xreference's all together. Thanks for your help.