Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72703 by 2mackids
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am
Hello,

I have a client who uses a particular TTF for his text. I tried copying it into DataCad fonts but it doesn't show up as an option when I go to select font style in the program. He suggested that I install them into the Windows fonts but I don't have any luck doing that.

Any suggestions?
#72704 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm
Just copy and paste the TTF file into the C:\Windows\Fonts folder and reboot.
#72733 by Ted B
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 am
I use a rather elegant Architect's-handwriting style .ttf-font for my construction documents. The last time I emailed an exported .dwg drawing-file to an engineer, they needed the .shx-file as-well to upload the fonts I use in addition to the .ttf-font file. I have no idea what it is, but it was generated when I exported my Datacad-file to .dwg-format, ...and it worked.
I'm not computer-literate, I just play-along.
#72738 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 pm
Ted B wrote:I use a rather elegant Architect's-handwriting style .ttf-font for my construction documents. The last time I emailed an exported .dwg drawing-file to an engineer, they needed the .shx-file as-well to upload the fonts I use in addition to the .ttf-font file. I have no idea what it is, but it was generated when I exported my Datacad-file to .dwg-format, ...and it worked.
I'm not computer-literate, I just play-along.
SHX files also can store linetype definitions and information about complex shapes that live in the drawing.
#72812 by artmanvt2000
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:59 pm
As an alternate method to Josh, you can also try the following.

Close Datacad

On a Windows 7 or 10 computer go to your start menu -> type in "Fonts" -> your Fonts Control panel should open -> open the folder with the new font -> drag the font file to the Fonts Control Panel -> Windows will load the font.

Open Datacad, you should be able to find the font in the text dialog box.
#73104 by melina
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:55 pm
DCAD is not recognizing a font that I installed a couple of years ago and have used in other applications without issue. (Only recently decided to use in Datacad)

After investigating, this font is an open-type font (even though it came with the ttf extension). Will dcad normally recognize such fonts?
#73106 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:10 pm
melina wrote:DCAD is not recognizing a font that I installed a couple of years ago and have used in other applications without issue. (Only recently decided to use in Datacad)

After investigating, this font is an open-type font (even though it came with the ttf extension). Will dcad normally recognize such fonts?

In a word; Nope. Open-Type fonts are not recognized nor supported.
#73107 by melina
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 am
okily dokily

Wishlist item???? Others can say whether it is worth it.

Meanwhile, hope that info helps others.
#73110 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:In a word; Nope. Open-Type fonts are not recognized nor supported.
Hmmm I have several OTF fonts that I use just fine?