The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#72826 by Jsosnowski
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 pm
Greetings!

Over the past few months I have published nine topics some with multiple posts providing explanations and examples aimed at helping Datacad DDN visitors write programs using the DCAL for Delphi macro format. So my question is how is this effort being received?

Has it been useful?
What is unclear or could benefit from elaboration?
What other topics would be helpful?
Is anyone attempting to write D4D macros? If so, how is it going? What are your successes and/or stumbles?

In addition I am looking for ideas for macros that would be useful to the Datacad community. Please provide your comments, macro ideas, and questions.

Joe
#72840 by Roger D
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 pm
I've glanced at the topics, but since not into writting macros currently, have put aside. But for those writting code, I thank you for the efforts.

Search & Replace for Text, PText, MText
Color map for symbols, or maybe just drawings. So when you get a dwg that doesn't match your color system, you can map it by selecting the acad color and then pick desired color from menu.
Plot Manager, reorder details by dragging up/down list. Same with sheets.
#72841 by Jsosnowski
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:08 pm
@Roger D

Thanks for your input.

1.) I am working on a macro that includes search and replace but it can only work with regular text and expect to release it early next year if everything goes well. The current version of DCAL does not allow access to Ptext or Mtext entities.
2.) I assume you wish to map during an ACAD drawing import to DCAD? I have not looked at the process but would like to take a look. I do not have access to any Autocad drawings. Can you email a sample drawing I could use for testing?
3.) I am not sure what you are describing re: a plot manager.
#72842 by Roger D
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:53 pm
2. It would be after a acad file was import from a new person. There already is a color palatte map tool to change during an import. This would work after the import, or inserting a sketchup item. Would also work with any drawing. i.e. if you send me a aec file, and I wanted your white lines to be red to match my standards.
3. Would look like the Layer Manager, but would alllow one to drag details on a sheet into a different order, allow one to reorganize the sheets, so If after settting up A0.1, A1.1, I could set up A0.2 and drag it back up after A0.1.

I can send a acad when back on my desktop.