Post off topic threads here.
#72876 by jerry.headley
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:57 pm
With the way Windows 10 handles updates, it has turned into a nightmare. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes + for the updates to download plus the length if time it takes to do the installation and rebooting if required.

I'm on an iMac (27" w/ 32gig), I use Fusion 10 to put me into a Windows environment. The only program on the Windows side is DataCAD but I get frustrated by how long it takes to get to the Windows desktop and start working on my projects. It would be a miracle if MS would re-write the OS and simplify to eliminate the garbage in their code using the "KISS Approach." I've use Classic Shell so I can have a simple clean desktop instead of what MS has done to the Windows desktop. On my iMac/MBP, the desktop is clean and simple which I prefer.
#72883 by Ted B
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 am
I've had problems with restarts after Win-10 upgrades, it occasionally hangs on "preferences" or on restarting. One work-around I find eliminates most of the problems is to log-out from my password-protector "user" back to the base-level, let the PC update and restart, then once it's settled-down re-log back-into my "user".

Why? I have no idea...
#72894 by Dave
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:11 am
Would need to check but I think if you tell windows 10 you are on a metered connection you get better control over updates.
DaveR