Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72874 by artmanvt2000
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am
We were trying to get some production work done this morning, but the Symbols Browser has been crashing our files. If the Symbol Browser was already open, prior to opening the file, the file would immediately crash. If we opened the Symbols Browser, after opening a file, the file would crash. We have semi resolved the problem, but some files are still crashing when the Symbols Browser is opened.

Computer Setup:
Files are stored on a Synology NAS. Computers have Windows 7 Pro and Datacad 19 with latest updates.

What has been done to correct the issue:
- All symbols were stored on the NAS, the network folder was mapped to the "T:\" drive. I opened the datacadwin.ini file and changed all references to "T:\" to C:\DataCAD 19\Symbols\.
- We ran a repair on all files we needed to open.
- We have closed the Symbols Browser after finding a file that would open.
- We make sure the Symbols Browser is closed before opening a file.
- Some files are still crashing when the Symbols Browser is opened after opening the file.

Thanks to all that can help.
#72875 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:33 pm
Hi Arthur,

What a coincidence! I am having this exact problem. We switched to a Netgear NAS this past weekend, and yesterday my DataCAD drawings started crashing when opening the SB, or opening a drawing when the SB is already open.

I have been trying to fix it, without success. I just remember though, that there was a Windows update yesterday - I will roll it back, and see if that fixes it.
#72928 by artmanvt2000
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 am
Neil,

Did you find a particular update that was causing the problem? I was hoping that Windows would have had a fix by now, but we are still having the problem. As much as I don't want to I guess my only option will be to roll back the update, but which update??? There have been several over the past week.
#72949 by DRTAIA
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm
DataCAD crashes on using the print command on existing and new files. This started after the latest Windows Update - a huge update that took over an hour to install. I will see if I can roll back the Win update and try again.
#72956 by artmanvt2000
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:02 am
Just make sure you "Hide" the updates, in the Window Updates settings. Windows will continue to re-install the updates.
#72970 by DRTAIA
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:45 pm
The update did reinstall and I had the same problem. However, I isolated the issue to my plotter driver being "migrated" by the update. So instead of uninstalling the update, this time I reinstalled the printer driver and now it works fine. My issue did not seem to be with the symbol browser but with the print command.