Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73037 by BDCommunityDesign
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am
I installed the DataCAD 19 update and now when I go to modify a MTEXT dialog box it changes the font size in the box and on the screen. I was able to change it in the dialog box and it show the proper scale on the sheet, but now if I change it in the dialog box it is HUGE on the screen and will not allow me to correct. The update must have changed some setting, but I cannot find it. Please help!
#73038 by Roger D
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:51 pm
I have been experiencing the same issue, not been able to determine what is causing it.
#73040 by Roger D
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 pm
And each time one edits the same MText, it increases (to next larger?) size each time.
#73852 by joshhuggins
Thu May 10, 2018 3:54 pm
Hmm can't duplicate this. Tried several MText setting changes I thought might be related like Text Scale, Line Spacing, SHX vs TTF. Edit via MCR macro, Context Menu, and Datacad Menus. Running Windows 10 1803 update 17134.48. :?

How are you guys invoking the MText to create it and how are you invoking the change Mtext contents?
#74462 by blueislandbike
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 pm
I'm having the same problem in DCAD 20. Funny thing, when I change/text/content four times in a row it goes back to being smaller than the original. Did not have this problem DCAD 19, used Mtext exclusively with no problem. Any update on this item?
Thanks.
Jeff
#74463 by Roger D
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:51 pm
not that i kknow off, just found I have to enlarge by .65 to get it back to size.
Back to Josh, I use Alt-H = H^170#^$^8#^S8^S2^F1^$^
#74488 by Roger D
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:36 pm
Since i don't use MText much, only Project Title, I have enlarged my Default items by .65, so when I edit them and they enlarge, they end up the size I want them.
#77937 by Mark F. Madura
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:37 am
Tony Goode wrote:Did this ever get resolved because it is still happening to me?

Hi Tony,

Are you running DataCAD in a Mixed-Mode DPI environment (more than one display, more than one display scaling factor)?

Make sure DataCAD is running on the 'Main' display (which you can change).

Let us know if this solves the problem,

Thank You,

MFM