Post off topic threads here.
#73148 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:52 pm
Has anyone had any jurisdictions request that you remove waste and venting from your residential plumbing plans or ask you to add a note stating that waste and venting is not plan checked? I have had several jurisdictions ask for things along these lines but nobody knows exactly why they are asking for it. It seems to have started after the 2016 Cal code went into affect. Wondering if anyone might know why.
#73150 by MtnArch
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am
I haven't experienced that one yet, but Fresno County way-back-when used to require that you provide plumbing drawings that showed EXACTLY how the plumbing lines would be INSTALLED (supply, waste and venting) - and then the inspectors would fail any installations in the field that did not match the drawings. I don't remember when they finally backed off on this but I remember what a pain it was to design and draw them!
#73151 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 pm
Yeah, I know and not Fresno County is one of the jurisdictions requiring that we remove the waste and venting from our plans and I am like no way, I wan that info on there! But they won't give me a reason why they won't allow it. It's really weird.