Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73157 by Bob Urbanek
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 am
Thanks for the reply, Josh. This has happened to me, occasionally, over the years. I was finally able to erase the entity and hit redo. That brought things back to normal.
Don't know why that worked, but it did, so I'm happy. I recently upgraded to V19, and the other day, I ran into another old intermittent problem.When doing a stringline of dimensions, one of them comes up with an extra
1/32", but when I finish it and do overall, the total is correct. I was hoping that problem was corrected by now.
Thanks for the help.
Bob
#73159 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 am
Bob Urbanek wrote:Thanks for the reply, Josh. This has happened to me, occasionally, over the years. I was finally able to erase the entity and hit redo. That brought things back to normal.
Don't know why that worked, but it did, so I'm happy. I recently upgraded to V19, and the other day, I ran into another old intermittent problem.When doing a stringline of dimensions, one of them comes up with an extra
1/32", but when I finish it and do overall, the total is correct. I was hoping that problem was corrected by now.
Thanks for the help.
Bob
The problem is most likely with the entities being dimensioned. Try going to the Utility Menu, F0 Settings, S2 Scale Type, and set the precision to 256. Also check to see if Rounding is turned on in the Dimension menu. Check your dimensions again and / or Identify your entities to see if you have entities or spaces that are actually fractions of an inch off. Correct dimensions as needed and then you can reset your scale precision to something more reasonable if you wish like 32nds' or 64ths'.
#73177 by Bob Urbanek
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:14 pm
Thanks again Josh. I've been busy, and haven't got back to dealing with this. At the moment, I have a cold or the flu, and because I am bored, I reread your reply. Rounding was off in the dimensions setting. Turned it on, and it seems to have fixed the problem. ( I hope ) This has been an irritation for me for years. Not a big deal, but it is a deal. You guys are all great! I know it is a minor thing, but nevertheless enough to make me utter bad words. I have noticed that you have helped many people over the years, and I commend you for it.
Thanks, Bob