Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73212 by gcpickering
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm
Screenshot (1).png

Any suggestions for enlarging the resolution on my program preferences screen? it's so tiny i can't make any changes. searched the forum and came up with increasing the windows screen setting to 500% which makes other programs wonky, but seems to help in datacad. any other suggestions?
#73213 by Roger D
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm
I find the same for many dialog boxes (smart door, window, xref manager) appears ok in v19.
I believe most all settings are the same.
Attachments
20v19.png
#73214 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:09 pm
The latest Windoze updates have changed the game-rules for high-DPI displays and the handling of display DPI in general. We are aware and aggressively working to address it.

Dave
#74117 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm
gcpickering wrote:As a follow up, wondering if i should upgrade to v. 20. I notice that there is an option to choose small med and large icon size. would that help with the high dpi issue?

It would, but there have also been many, many changes in v20 to address high DPI displays. Over 100 of DataCAD's dialog boxes were changed to improve their usability. For most of them, even their size can be customized to suit your display in the Preferences dialog.

Dialog Sizer.JPG
Dialog Sizer.JPG (77.77 KiB) Viewed 5645 times

Dave