Post off topic threads here.
#73221 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:22 pm
This is a new thing for me - I imported a DWG, and it has a bunch of what look like Symbol Clips. Which is new and different. They are using them is sorta weird ways, and I have not exploded anything, yet, so I'll see how it goes.

[Edit: These can be edited as Symbol Clips, which is a good thing.]
#73224 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:This is a new thing for me - I imported a DWG, and it has a bunch of what look like Symbol Clips. Which is new and different. They are using them is sorta weird ways, and I have not exploded anything, yet, so I'll see how it goes.

[Edit: These can be edited as Symbol Clips, which is a good thing.]

Now just where the heck did they get this idea? :mrgreen:
#73227 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 am
I'll tell you, though, that they are using it in weird ways. In one case, the symbol included mirror images of the same thing; and X-Clips out the one they don't need ...

And the other way they used it was to include opposite ends of a shower stall elevation, and X-Clips the one they didn't need. On this one, if they had moved the stall elevations just about a foot farther apart - they could have used just one (unclipped) copy of the symbol.