Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73240 by Tim Mohr
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:49 pm
Is there a macro out there from times gone by that will do a batch conversion of line entities to polylines? specifically I am looking for a way to hatch shapes drawn with lines ... my current (and long term) solution is to export to autocad, hatch the shapes in question and then export/import it back into datacad...
#73243 by Tim Mohr
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:43 pm
I usually avoid this as an issue by simply drawing with polylines if I know I am likely to want to hatch the result or use it as an overlay/knockout. However, sometimes it's easier to use the multi-line function with its ability to set offsets, auto-clean intersections, etc.when drawing some sort of matrix but hatching this is a different story as it's tedious to pick each space and/or to run through the "line to polyline" function - the easy fix is to simply export to dwg and bring it back in which will converted all of the (presumably closed) shapes to polylines...
#73245 by dhs
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:46 pm
...sometimes it's easier to use the multi-line function with its ability to set offsets, auto-clean intersections, etc...

You can create offset polylines using my Offset macro (http://www.dhsoftware.com.au/offset.htm). Closed shapes will also auto-close the offset polyline.

Note that the current install file does not offer an install option for DataCAD 20 ... I'll get around to updating this in due course, but in the meantime the DataCAD 19 option should work just fine.
#73246 by Roger D
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm
Another option. Copy the smart walls to a new layer. You might also have to move z by say 10' so the openings do not cut the walls. Then Tools/Extract 2d/3d /Extract 2d this will change the smart wals in to 2d lines on a layer call walls_2d. Then you can hatch using that layer and Controur Search.
#73247 by Tim Mohr
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 pm
Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone...basically I am just dealing with a flat matrix aka winodow mull options and I did it with the multi-lines - just looking for a way to hatch without having to retrace my steps...if I export to dwg and then Hatch it in ACAD, I can then reopen in DCAD and the matrix will have been effectively converted to a polyline...point is ACAD can recognize closed shapes drawn with lines ....ie do this in one step. Just was hoping someone had written a macro that would do this...will check out the sundry suggestions but all seem like work arounds-for which I have a reasonably easy solution already...? Thanks. Tim