Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72919 by tfarley
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am
Crashing might not be the best description, but Datacad 19 keeps closing drawings. It is very random but very frequent. It doesn't seem to matter which drawing file or which command I choose- the program will randomly close my files. I can re-open without an error message. I have had our local IT service update Windows and graphic drivers (NVIDIA NVS 300). I am using Windows 7 Pro. After the IT tech worked his magic it seemed to behave for one afternoon. When I started the program this morning it closed a drawing 4 times (but opened one other) before I gave up. I am working in v18 until this is resolved. Any tips would be very appreciated. One other person in our firm has had the same problem but our IT people seem to have fixed his system. No one else in the firm seems to be having these problems. These points all make me think it's a Windows or graphics driver problem. I want to post this just on case anyone else might have any clues. Thank you.
#73063 by tfarley
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm
We have tried the repair tool and we have tried the steps re: the symbols browser. The symbol browser thread steps seem to have solved one of my co-workers problems, but not mine. There is also a third person that keeps crashing as well. I can't begin to recount all the steps we've tried in the last few weeks. We had our local IT company uninstall many recent Windows updates. My system was working a bit better after our IT people worked on it. They un-installed a group of Windows updates and re-installed V.19. I was still having a minor issue with random crashing but it was much less often. After I re-installed v.19.3 it started crashing whenever I try reloading an x-ref. It doesn't seem to matter how many x-refs (one or many), it always crashes if I try updating the x-ref.

My next step will be to go back to v.19 to see if it might be a conflict with v.19.3. I can't afford the time right now, I'll try it in the next few days.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's an underlying problem with Windows 7 updates.
#73267 by tfarley
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:30 am
As a final post on this tread, My Datacad is not crashing anymore. The final answer seems to have been disabling certain Windows 7 updates (referenced in other posts on this forum) and updating Dcad. The latest version of Dcad seems to have solved my crashing issues. Thanks for your help!